Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is sacred in many homes on Thanksgiving.
- 20 ounces frozen green beans
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 minced shallots
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon crumbled marjoram
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup French-fried onions
- Cook the green beans with the garlic or shallots on the stove top or in the microwave following the instructions on the label.
- Place the mixture in a baking dish.
- Mix the salt, pepper, and marjoram with the sour cream and place over the top of the green beans.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the melted butter and sprinkle over the top of the sour cream.
- The beans can be made ahead of time to this point and reheated at room temperature.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until the bread crumbs are golden.
I once ate green bean casserole as a kid at a relatives thanksgiving dinner it - it was gross, I tried this one out yesterday night, to see if I wanted for thanksgiving - I thought it was great!