Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious, fragant and healing soup. It helped kick my cold!
Make and share this Thai Vegetable Tofu Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8 cups vegetable broth, hot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, cubed
- 4 cups chopped vegetables (I used green onions, broccoli, carrots, snowpeas, cabbage and baby bellas)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh cracked pepper
- hot sauce (optional)
- In a deep saucepan heat vegetable oil and sautee garlic until golden brown.
- Add soy sauce and let it bubble and sizzle before adding the vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- I like my vegetables crunchy.
This is a great recipe. I am not a fan of Tofu, but enjoyed it in the soup. I added a tsp of ginger and crushed red peppers. The second time a made it added a few more garlic cloves, another tbl soy sauce, pkg of mixed mushrooms, can bamboo shoots and 4 cups Chicken broth.
Love this soup! Love this recipe! I use zucchini instead of snow peas. For spice, I had a little bit of Sriracha at the bottom of the soup bowl to control the heat for each person. Entire family approves!