Recipe by Ambervim
I found this in Costco Connection magazine in one of the ads....changed it up a bit and here it is. The recipe was made for ground turkey...so you could use chicken, pork or beef. OR use up leftover holiday turkey, chopped.
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (divided)
- 1 lb turkey (ground or leftover chopped)
- 3 cups bok choy (sliced thinly)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (or green or yellow or orange)
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 mango, chopped (about 1 cup, use another fruit if you need to, peaches come to mind)
- 1 head bibb lettuce (iceburg will do)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄3 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, cornstarch, soy and one third of the oil in a bowl.
- Genly, stir in the turkey.
- Sauce - Whisk all ingredients together.
- If turkey is ground - heat a third of the oil over high heat. Add turkey and brown. Add water if needed to prevent sticking. Transfer to a bowl.
- Saute bok choy and bell peppers fr about 5 minutes in a third of the oil. Add ginger, garlic and mango and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add turkey and sauce and cook 1 more minute.
- Spoon into lettuce leaves.