i like to serve this with Pad thai noodles, nice and thick to hold the sauce. Cooking time includes draining time for tofu. Edit - Just made this dish and had to sub a few things, I can confirm the following works! Frozen tofu (excellent!) sweet chilli sauce with some chilli flakes added, spring onions and no coriander yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice aubergine into 1cm slices.
- 2Cut tofu into 1cm cubes and drain on kitchen paper for 20 minutes.
- 3Heat a wok over a high heat, add 2tbsp oil and add aubergine slices. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 4Add tofu and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until brown.
- 5Add remaining 1 tbsp oil, the chillies, soy sauce,.
- 6Lime juice, salt, pepper and sugar.
- 7Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes, then stir in the coriander.
- 8Serve immediately with cooked noodles.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Tofu and Aubergines
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.9
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 971.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh coriander leaves