Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
i like to serve this with Pad thai noodles, nice and thick to hold the sauce. Cooking time includes draining time for tofu. Edit - Just made this dish and had to sub a few things, I can confirm the following works! Frozen tofu (excellent!) sweet chilli sauce with some chilli flakes added, spring onions and no coriander yum!
- 1 (250 g) firm tofu
- 250 g aubergines
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 green chilies, deseeded and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves
- Slice aubergine into 1cm slices.
- Cut tofu into 1cm cubes and drain on kitchen paper for 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok over a high heat, add 2tbsp oil and add aubergine slices. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add tofu and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until brown.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp oil, the chillies, soy sauce,.
- Lime juice, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes, then stir in the coriander.
- Serve immediately with cooked noodles.