This is excellent on the barbecue and easy to do. Use lemon grass instead of lemon rind if available. Soy sauce can be substituted for the fish sauce but it will change the flavour. Add more hot spices if more fire is wanted.
- 2 pork tenderloin (about l 1/2 pounds or 750 g in total)
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 2 cloves fine chopped garlic
- 1 (2 inch) slice fresh lemon rind (I use lime rind)
- 1 teaspoon hot oriental chili paste
- In a bowl whisk together 2 tbs chicken broth and the rest of the marinade ingredients.
- Place tenderloins in a bag and pour marinade over.
- Seal bag and marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove pork and strain marinade into saucepan.
- Barbecue pork over medium heat turning once or twice for 25-35 minutes (or roast at 350 for 30-45 mimutes).
- Add remaining chicken broth to reserved marinade and boil for 2 minutes.
- Cut pork into thin slices& serve with marinade.