Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Can also use canned salmon or tuna.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, slivered
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1 tablespoon polyunsaturated oil
- 1 lb salmon, skined,boned and cubed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup pea pods
- 1 cup tofu, cubed
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced vertically
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 4 large russet potatoes, baked
- Sautee onion, ginger root and red pepper in oil until onion is tender.
- Add salmon and cook 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli, pea pods, tofu, cucumber and mushrooms; cook until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Combine water, vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel and pepper.
- Stir mixture into vegetables.
- Cook until mixture thickens and boils.
- To serve, split baked potatoes lengthwise and open by gently squeezing from the bottom.
- Spoon 1/4 of salmon mixture over each potato.