Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Juicy fat little nuggets of crabby goodness! I developed this because of a craving for a sweet-hot crab dish I'd enjoyed at a Thai restaurant. I love crabmeat (jumbo lump, please, none of the frozen/canned yuck for *moi*) but dislike most crab-cake recipes because they are either too bready, or somehow involve cheese. Just me personally: I don't like pairing fish with cheese. These succulent cakes will be our dinner entree for New Year's Eve 2011!
- 1 lb premium lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely minced
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb, finely crushed (or panko)
- sweet chili sauce (Thai Kitchen brand)
- Gently toss the crabmeat with lemon juice and ginger. Set aside.
- In oil, saute' onions, pepper, and garlic until it is all soft. Let cool and toss with crabmeat. Add remaining ingredients, except for breadcrumbs.
- Form into small patties, about 2.5" in diameter. Place on wax paper in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and pat with bread crumbs on both sides.
- Palace on parchment-covered baking sheet and bake for 2 minutes at 350, or until browned.
- Top with 1 T sweet chili sauce and serve.