- 1⁄2 teaspoon safflower oil or 1⁄2 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked peeled shrimp
- 1 teaspoon green chili paste or 1 teaspoon chili sauce (optional)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- cilantro leaf, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute the scallions and garlic over medium heat until softened.
- Stir in the chicken stock, creamed corn, shrimp, and chile paste or sauce, if using.
- Bring the soup to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste, then serve with cilantro leaves to garnish.