Recipe by Buster's friend
Crunchy, crisp, spicy & refreshing in hot weather. Make the dressing earlier in the day to let the flavors meld - then light the grill, slice the veggies & dinner is on! We put the helpful guests to work slicing veggies while the meat grills!
Top Review by BrownSugarChef
I've tried several Thai beef salads on Zaar, and this is definitely my favorite - I think the addition of mae ploy does it for me. The only change I make is subbing shredded cabbage for the bean sprouts (BF's preference). I also use sliced cherry tomatoes. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup sweet dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander or 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (mae ploy)
- 2 lbs beef, any cut can be used such as the London broil used in this recipe
- 1 sliced sweet onion
- 4 tomatoes, wedged
- 1 sliced cucumber, seedless
- 4 cups fresh mung bean sprouts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dressing ingredients (first 10 items) and chill several hours to let flavors develop.
- Grill beef on medium hot grill until medium-rare or until your preferred degree of doneness. We have a range of eaters - rare to medium-well done & slice accordingly. Thinly slice across the grain.
- Plate salad family style & let each person choose slices of beff to place on top of salad. Serve with dressing on the side so each my take as much as he/she wants.
- May present with jasmine rice or hot naan bread.
- Use sriracha sauce (hot red chili) on the side if you would like more heat.