Recipe by MizzNezz
This is really delicious! I make this one when I get tired of all the ordinary, every day type meals.
Top Review by horseplay
A very sweet dish. I think next time I will drain the shrimp and grapefruit of most of the sauce before putting it on the rice, because the syrup became a little too cloying. Other than that, the recipe is delicious, thanks!
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups short-grain rice
- 2 ruby red grapefruits
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb shelled deveined shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- In 4qt saucepan, on high heat, combine coconut milk,rice,and 3/4 cup water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat,cover,and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut peel and membrane from grapefruit.
- Cut between fruit and membrane to release segments into a bowl.
- In a 12in skillet mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Add soy sauce,vinegar,and ginger.
- Stir on high heat until boiling.
- Add shrimp and stir until shrimp are opaque (3 minutes).
- Add grapefruit segments.
- Heat through.
- Mound rice equally on 4 plates.
- Spoon shrimp and grapefruit mixture over rice.