Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very simple, very delicious. A "Recipe of the Week" from the Chicago Tribune.
Make and share this Thai Steak Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 -4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb top sirloin steak
- 2 green onions, green part only, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 red onion, small, thinly sliced
- 1 head bibb lettuce, loosely torn
- Whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce and olive oil in a medium bowl. Place steak in a food storage bag with half of the marinade or non-reactive bowl with cover. Marinate 30 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade in a small bowl; refrigerate.
- Heat grill pan over high heat. Remove steak from marinade. Cook, turning once, until desired degree of doneness, about 5-6 minutes on each side for medium. Transfer to a cutting board; cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Slice steak across the grain into strips about 1/2 inch wide; set aside.
- Toss green onions, cilantro, carrots, mango, red onion and lettuce in a large bowl; add reserved dressing (marinade)and toss.
- Divide salad mixture among four plates. Top each with steak slices; garnish with lime wedges.
My DH loved this dish!!!!!!!!! Said it was Screamin'!!! And that's top honor with him! I thought it had just a tad too much fish sauce, but other than that it was very good.