Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From The New York Times.
Make and share this Thai Soft-Shell Crabs recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml milk
- 9.85 ml sriracha sauce or 9.85 ml Tabasco sauce
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground pepper
- 8 soft-shell crabs, cleaned
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 Thai chiles, seeded and minced
- 4 scallions, minced
- 59.14 ml mint leaf, minced
- 59.14 ml basil leaves, minced
- 118.29 ml coriander leaves, minced
- Combine the milk and Tabasco in a bowl. Set aside. Mix the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow pan. Dip the crabs in the milk and dredge in flour mixture. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottom skillet over medium-high heat. Place the crabs in pan and cook for 3 minutes. Turn and cook until tender, about 2 more minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain the fat from the pan. Return the skillet to the stove. Add the wine, lime juice, chilies and scallions. Turn the heat up to medium-high and simmer until sauce reduces to 1/3 cup, about 3 to 5 minutes. Place two crabs on each of four plates. Drizzle with sauce and garnish with minced mint, basil and coriander leaves.