Recipe by mell_2
Adapted from Donna Hay
Top Review by Elmotoo
This was good. I used the last of my red curry paste & needed the 2nd TB. The pumpkin cooked quicker than I expected so it was soft while the asparagus neeed more time. Pattypans weren't available so I sliced up a crookneck squash. Made for PAC Fall '07.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, cut in wedges
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 -2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 1⁄4 kg pumpkin, peeled and sliced
- 200 g asparagus, halved
- 200 g pattypan squash, halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Thai basil or 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat wok or deep frying pan over high heat.
- Add oil, onions, ginger and curry and cook 1 minute.
- Add stock and coconut milk and bring to simmer.
- Add the pumpkin, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggplants and beans and cook another 5 minutes until the pumpkin is soft.
- Stir in basil.
- Serve with rice.