Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is a recipe out of a book from my MIL. I borrowed the book from her and copied down the recipes I liked. This was one of them.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cups cut up vegetables (red pepper, carrot, mushrooms, green onions, Chinese pea pods)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb linguine, cooked
- chopped peanuts, and scallion brushes (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, combine chicken broth, mustard, peanut butter, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and cornstarch.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- Reduce heat and keep warm.
- In large skillet, over medium high heat, saute vegetables in oil until tender about 5 minutes.
- In large serving bowl, combine hot cooked pasta, vegetables and peanut sauce, tossing until well coated.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and scallion brushes.
- Serve immediately.