Recipe by Um Safia
This is a delicious custard flavoured with coconut & Pandan. Pandan is also known as Screwpine or Pandanus. This custard is very simple to make & is delicious - eat on its own or as a dip for waffles etc....yum! The recipe is from 'Recipes from our Thai kitchen'.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 5 drops pandan paste, mixed with 1/4 cup water (screwpine)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl beat the two eggs.
- To get coconut cream, remove the lid from a can of coconut milk and, without stirring the contents, remove the top cream and discard the thin liquid. It should take around 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk to yield 1 1/4 cups coconut cream.
- Add the coconut cream and sugar to the eggs, and whisk it together until the sugar dissolves. Pour this into a double boiler and stir it constantly until it thickens up. Then add milk, mix well, and add the pandan. Continue stirring until it thickens up then transfer to smaller bowls.
- Serve with warm bread or sweet bread of your choice. We love this as a dipping for fresh waffles. Enjoy!