Coconut-Funfetti Ice Cream Cake
photo by Swirling F.
- Ready In:
1 9x5" pan
- 2 1⁄2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened (Haagen Dazs is GF)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup nonpareils (Wilton and Cake Mate are GF) or 1/4 cup round candy sprinkles (Wilton and Cake Mate are GF)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Beat the ice cream, egg and extracts until very creamy and soft.
- Add the flours, tapioca starch, guar gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt, beating to combine.
- Fold in the nonpareils.
- Spread in the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan before turning out.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"