Recipe by KitchenManiac
If you are a fan of Thai food, you must have tried their pandan chicken. It isn't spicy actually which is typical of thai food, but very fragrant and tasty. Cooking time excludes marinate time.
Top Review by layaili1119
This is really delicious and easy to prepare ! Instead of deep frying, i tried to oven-cook with aluminium foil cover the pandan-wrapped chicken, the chicken was moist and infused with the aroma of pandan leaves.... yummy yummy ! plus it's more healthy. My husband, who doesn't like spicy food, tried to eat and love it so much the first time i cooked. This recipe definately will be my favourite recipe in my cooking book.
- 400 g chicken drumsticks, deboned and skinned
- 1 large pandan leaf, for wrapping
- 3 shallots
- 2 cm knob young ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk lemongrass, sliced
- 3 dried chilies, soaked till soft
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup thick coconut milk
- canola oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken meat into 7cm x 2.5cm thick slices.
- Combine ground ingredients with the seasoning ingredients and marinate the chicken pieces with it.
- Leave to stand for two to three hours.
- Add coconut milk and mix well to blend.
- Wrap two pieces of chicken with a pandan leaf.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Deep-fry pandan-wrapped chicken in hot oil until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.