Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tried this at a Thai restaurant once and fell instantly in love with it! Serve this as an appetiser with rice or prawn crackers! Tastes as good without the prawns. Note that minced chicken can be substituted with minced pork too.
- 300 g fresh small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 250 ml coconut milk (thick)
- 300 g minced chicken
- 2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 red chile, sliced (opt for chilli padi if you like it hot!)
- Heat coconut milk in saucepan, stirring constantly to prevent curdling.
- Add chicken, followed by prawns. Lower heat to simmer once it's almost boiling. Keep stirring until mixture is cooked. Add fish sauce, sugar and salt.
- Transfer to bowl and cool at room temperature. Garnish with coriander leaves and sliced chilli.
- Serve with rice crackers.