Recipe by Kim Ong
Some of you might have tried this dessert in a Thai restaurant.
Top Review by BothFex
Made this the other night after a dinner of spicey curry- this was just the thing. The family loved it. I didn't have any coconut cream so omitted that. I also lacked the mango so I served with choice of toppings: DH liked the toasted coconut, DS#1 liked the crushed pineapple with juice and I preferred the chopped banana in lime juice. Mangos are a definate must for the next time I make this easy, tastey dish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups glutinous rice
- 6 tablespoons thick coconut cream
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large sweet mangoes, sliced into large strips
- To make the sticky rice, refer to my sticky rice recipe, which I have also posted.
- Season the coconut cream with some salt and refrigerate it.
- Dissolve sugar and salt in coconut milk.
- Mix and stir the coconut milk with the warm sticky rice and let it stands for 30 mins.
- To serve, place some mango strips over a large scoop of sticky rice mixture and add some coconut cream over the top.