1/2 Photos of Thai Green Curry Salmon
Chef #573036's Note:
From Food Network Canada - Caroline McCann Bizjak: Curry
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless salmon fillet, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk, chilled
- 8 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of thinly sliced mushroom
- 1/2 cup of torn fresh basil
- jasmine rice, to serve
- 1Remove 1 cup of the cream that has risen to the top of the chilled coconut milk and add to a large skillet or wok. Bring to a boil and cook for 5-8 minutes until the oil begins to separate from the white solids. Add curry paste and continue to cook for another 5-8 minutes. Add some thin coconut milk a little at a time if the mixture begins to stick.
- 2Meanwhile, combine the thin coconut milk remaining in the can the cream was removed from with ½ cup of well stirred milk from the second can. Reserve the remaining milk from the second can for a later use. Add ½ cup of water.
- 3Add salmon pieces to the skillet with the curry paste and coconut cream. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the remaining thin coconut milk and let simmer, turning occasionally until the salmon is cooked through.
- 4Stir in fish sauce, brown sugar, limejuice, and red pepper slices, mushrooms, fresh basil and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Serve hot over rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Green Curry Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.5
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 1045.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste