Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy recipe that makes a great meal on the grill, or on the stove top! A must for anyone who loves Thai food! To control the heat add less or more curry.
Burger and Grilled Onions
- 3⁄4 cup ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- chopped red onion
Bun or Bread
- 1 hamburger buns or 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon soft butter
- 1 dash chopped basil
- 1 dash garlic salt
- sliced cheese (optional)
- ketchup (optional)
- sliced lettuce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 teaspoon green curry paste
- Whisk curry paste and water until it creates a smooth sauce.
- Combine in a bowl, ground beef, garlic salt,curry paste mixture, and basil. Mix throughly with hands.
- Create burger patty.
- Pan fry burger (or grill) in a pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook until done for your taste.
- When burger is done, sauté onions until golden.
- Mix butter garlic salt,and basil, spread on bun and toast or broil.
- Combine curry paste and mayonnaise (I like Miracle Whip) and spread on bun.
- Add lettuce, ketchup, cheese, and onions on burger and other burger dressings.
Absolutely fantastic recipe. Paired it with Naan bread. Delicious.
What a great recipe! I was intrigued by the ingredient list. Despite what it looks like, this was so easy to put together. I didn't have ground beef so I used ground turkey instead and just upped the ingredients a bit. The dressing especially was really great, I brought what was left over to put on a normal sandwich. Delicious!
I can't believe no one has rated this yet! DH loved the flavor. It wasn't too spicy... in fact my 3-year-old ate a burger. I did make some changes. Since I didn't have green curry paste I used massaman curry paste. I used a pound of meat and made four patties. I also used dried basil, halving the amount. The dressing and butter recipe for the bread is excellent. This is a simple and very flavorful burger! Thanks... we'll be making this again.