Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious Thai version of salsa. Everyone I make this for loves it. Meant to accompany grilled fish, but you will find many uses for it. I usually add at least twice as much cilantro and double the recipe as guests will eat all of it. It is just as good the next day. I have mistakenly omitted chili-garlic sauce and still tasty. Use a sweet onion like Vidalia or a red onion if unavailable.
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In small bowl combine and beat a little to blend. Chill until ready to serve.
- If serving with grilled or fried fish, dress with several tablespoons of sauce and lemon wedges and remaining sauce alongside. Delicious with steamed rice.
- Don't try to substitute green pepper as flavors are not the same.