1/1 Photo of Thai Citrus Chicken Salad
- Carla -'s Note:
This is a healthy and delicious summer salad. Great for lunch while sitting out in the garden with a a nice cold glass of white wine. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2Combine the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, orange juice, lime juice, and brown sugar together.
- 3Add salt and freshly ground pepper and taste for seasoning.
- 4Refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavors to infuse.
- 6Combine the Chinese Cabbage, bean sprouts, sliced red onion and orange segments. (I like to drop everything in a large zip-lock bag).
- 7Toss with half of the dressing. (Again, if you use a zip-lock bag you can easily pour in half of the dressing, seal and fumble to mix dressing in with salad; place in the refrigerator until ready to use.).
- 8Add the sliced chicken to a frying pan and brown lightly with a small amount of olive oil.
- 9Add the remainder of the citrus dressing; bring to a boil; reduce for 30 seconds to allow mixture to thicken slightly.
- 10Place Chinese cabbage mixture on two dinner plates.
- 11Arrange sliced chicken on top and pour over the remaining sauce.
- 12Top with freshly chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Citrus Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.2
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 415.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 32.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar