Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Delicious low fat/low carb recipe.
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 1 tablespoon thai green curry paste
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut milk, plus
- 1⁄3 cup well-stirred unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut diagonally into 6 strips
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a bowl stir curry paste and 1/4 cup coconut milk until combined. Add chicken and turn to coat, then let stand for 15 minutes at room temperature stirring occasionally.
- Prepare charcoal grill or preheat gas grill for cooking over medium heat.
- In a small bowl mix with a whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, cayenne, remaining 1/3 cup of coconut milk and 1 tbsp of hot water until blended and smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Thread 2 chicken strips onto each skewer like an accordion. Place skewers onto hot grill, cover and grill until chicken is no longer pink; approx 5 to 8 minutes. Turn skewers once during grill time.
- Serve with peanut sauce.