1/1 Photo of Thai Chicken and Rice Soup - Kao Tom Gai
1 hr 10 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
A nice warming soup that spices without the use of chilies..of course, if you can't help yourself, go ahead and toss a few in! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (mixed with 1 tsp. salt)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon white pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1In a medium size pot over low heat, simmer rice, water and salt for about an hour or so until rice is soft.
- 2Marinate chicken in lime juice/salt for about 5 minutes.
- 3In a skillet, heat oil and saute onion and garlic until tender; add white pepper and marinated chicken.
- 4Cook, stirring for 10 minutes or so.
- 5In small bowls, put 1 cup of heated rice broth and sprinkle with chicken, chopped green onion, celery leaves, and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken and Rice Soup - Kao Tom Gai
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 578.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 34.7 g