Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not tried this yet but looks so tempting from Donna Hay
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 small red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon star ground aniseed
- 650 g pork fillets or 650 g tenderloin
- 100 g salad leaves
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
- place the soy, sugar,chillies, ginger, fish sauce lime juice and star anise in a deep fry pan over medium heat.
- cook stirring for about 4-5 mins until the mixture thickens slightly.
- halve the pork lengthwise and add to the pan.
- cook for 4 mins on each side or until tender.
- remove pork from the pan and cool slightly.
- simmer the pan juices until thickened.
- toss together the salad leaves, spring onions and herbs.
- slice the pork drizzle with the pan juices and serve with the salad.
delicious way to cook tenderloins, and so quick too! we loved the sauce. i usually prebrown tenderloins or bake them,with a marinade or sauce, but this was so quick and easy. the crunch of the salad was a perfect balance to the tangy pork, we enjoyed this very much.