1/1 Photo of Thai Beef Salad
From BBQ food for friends, by Jane Lawson and Vanessa Broadfoot - a lovely, fresh salad with a distinctive coriander-chilli flavour. The ingredient list looks long, but it only takes 10 - 15 minutes to put the whole thing together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 120 ml lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coriander, roots and stems finely chopped
- 1 1/2 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped (white part only)
- 3 small red chilies, finely sliced
- 3 (200 g) beef eye steak fillets
- 200 g salad leaves, mixed
- 3/4 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 25 g coriander leaves
- 10 g mint leaves, torn
- 375 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1Mix together lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, chopped coriander, lemon grass and chilli until sugar has dissolved.
- 2Chargrill steaks for 4 minutes each side or until medium.
- 3Let steaks cool, then slice thinly across grain.
- 4Put salad leaves, onoin, coriander leaves, mint, tomoatoes and cucumber in large bowl, add beef and dressing, toss together and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Beef Salad
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.4
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 767.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: