Your Gourmet Girlfriend's Note:
Simple to make. Authentic Thai. Very delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel eggplant if desired (I don't). Cut into irregular shapes but same sizes. That makes them easier to turn and keeps them from sticking to the pan.
- 2Heat wok over med-high heat. Add oil, peppers and garlic. Cook until garlic becomes lightly browned, 1-2 minutes.
- 3Add eggplant and stir. Add 1/2 cup water cover and simmer 5 minutes, until eggplant has soaked up most of the water and becomes translucent. You may need to add more water as it cooks.
- 4Add fish sauce and sugar. Stir gently. Turn off the heat and add the basil stir gently.
- 5Serve immediately.
- 6Really good with jasmine rice :O.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Basil Eggplant
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.1
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 712.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: