1/1 Photo of Thai a Yellow Ribbon
My favorite low-fat recipe creators, Janet & Greta Podelski, dreamed up this Thai fettucine dish while sitting under an old oak tree in Orlando.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1 large red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups snow peas, cut in half diagonally
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup low-fat chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender and whirl until smooth. Set aside.
- 2Cook fettucine according to package directions. Drain well and keep warm.
- 3While pasta is cooking, spray a large work or skillet with non-stick spray and place over medium-high heat.
- 4Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- 5Add red pepper, snow peas and carrots.
- 6Cook and stir for three more minutes, until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- 7Add sauce.
- 8Cook until bubbly and thickened.
- 9Remove from heat, stir in cooked fettucine, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai a Yellow Ribbon
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.6
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 132.9 mg
- Sodium 116.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 39.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth
reduced-fat peanut butter