Recipe by FLKeysJen
My favorite low-fat recipe creators, Janet & Greta Podelski, dreamed up this Thai fettucine dish while sitting under an old oak tree in Orlando.
Top Review by bons
I enjoyed this recipe. The only deviations from the recipe I made were: I used full fat peanut butter and I used a fair amount of kosher salt on the chicken as it was cooking. Without the salt, I would have found this bland. I also think some julianned onion stir fried with the other vegetables would also be very good in this dish.
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1 large red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups snow peas, cut in half diagonally
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender and whirl until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook fettucine according to package directions. Drain well and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, spray a large work or skillet with non-stick spray and place over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add red pepper, snow peas and carrots.
- Cook and stir for three more minutes, until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add sauce.
- Cook until bubbly and thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in cooked fettucine, and serve immediately.