Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
From Weber's 'Grill out Times' newsletter. I didn't even change the corny name. Added cayenne pepper the second time around for more heat. Nice, unmessy way to grill chops
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 pork chops (one inch thick)
- Mix all ingredients except the pork.
- Reserve 1/2 cup marinade for basting.
- Place chops in resealable bag and add remaining marinade.
- Seal bag, turn to coat meat.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Let chops return to room temp for 30 minutes.
- Drain, discard marinade, and grill over medium heat charcoal until just barely pink (10 minutes) while basting and turning.
DH and I are a big fan of Weber's recipes and this one did not disappoint us. We took your advice Chef Blade and added cayenne for a little extra kick. These chops are great and are so easy to make. A great "company" recipe.
yummm ... I'm still licking my chops. A definite grilling keeper. I ran out of red wine vinegar so did half and half red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar. Only marinated the chops about 3 hours but they were still fabulous! For those afraid of spicy stuff ... try this anyway ... this is more sweet & tangy even with the hot sauce (I used Louisiana hot sauce). Hubby (our designated grill-meister) is your new fan. Thanks for a great meal!
This was absolutely wonderful. We used it on pork chops and they were tender and very flavorful. Thank for a great recipe. We will use this one again and again.