Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Light & Tasty. Good, hearty warming stew.
Make and share this Texas Ranch Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (5 1/2 ounce) cans V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can baked beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir drained pasta into stew.
What a yummy, easy supper this makes! With plenty left for lunches this week. Followed the recipe to the letter and was rewarded with great meal! Served with corn muffins--great combo! Thanks for posting this.
This was so good and easy to prepare. Perfect for a busy, cold fall day. I followed the instructions except after browning, placed everything in the crock-pot and let it simmer on low for 4 hours. The smell when we walked into the house was awesome and we had a delicious dinner waiting after a busy day. Served this with warm corn bread and a glass of red table wine - perfect end to a great day. Thanks Sweety, I'll be making this again.
When I come across a recipe that is easy, delicious, hearty, and satisfying, I give double my five-star review. I loved this recipe. The only thing I did different was add the pasta to the bowl first, then top it with the stew. YUM!Sure glad I doubled the recipe-