Recipe by SweetySJD
This is from Light & Tasty. Good, hearty warming stew.
Top Review by mickie49
What a yummy, easy supper this makes! With plenty left for lunches this week. Followed the recipe to the letter and was rewarded with great meal! Served with corn muffins--great combo! Thanks for posting this.
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (5 1/2 ounce) cans V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can baked beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir drained pasta into stew.