Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted on the Texas Highway's website.
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup peeled mashed fresh peach
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and sour cream, and beat 1-2 minutes or until light.
- Stir in flour mixture alternately with peaches.
- Stir in peaches.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until cake tester or knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely.
Very good!!! Doubled this to make 2 loaves as I have a lot of fresh peaches to use up. I did not have sour cream so I used Greek yogurt instead. This bread has a very nice subtle peach taste and is very moist