Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is from a Minute Rice box from so many years ago, It's origional name was "Quick Chili-rice dinner"; the name got changed from one part of the states to the other.I lost the recipe for a few years, then happened back upon it, so will post it on the Zaar so I don't forget it. Such a tasty dish! You can easily double or triple it, as it's very forgiving. You can even use this for the filling for stuffed peppers! I would imagine that this dish has been made by many,many people,only the name has changed. it's name has changed. Whatever name you call this, it's still an excellent recipe, and one of my favorite comfort foods! I hope you will enjoy this.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
This is the most forgetting dish ever. When you don't have time to cook regular rice and it is a good and fast meal. I use ground turkey now and you have to add 2 tblsp oil to brown the turkey or it will be too dry. I eliminate the corn and substitute yellow hominy. Good!
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard (Coleman's,the one that comes in the yellow can is best)
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1 cup Minute Rice (uncooked)
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and onion.
- Add spices, corn, bell pepper, tomato sauce, and water.
- Cover and bring to a full boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice, reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minute.
- At this point, you can place ingredients into a casserole dish, sprinkle with the cheddar cheese, and place into the oven just until the dish heats through and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.