Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Everyone here has gardens and you get green tomatoes anytime you want. I keep one plant just for green tomatoes.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs (beaten with salt&pepper)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- oil (in Iron skillet and hot)
- 3 green tomatoes, sliced
- salt & pepper
- Put skillet on and get oil hot as your preparing tomatoes.
- Cut tomatoes as thick or thin as you like them.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Roll tomatoes in egg and then in dredging mixture (Cornmeal& Flour mixture).
- Do this twice and drop into hot oil.
- When golden brown on both sides take out.
This recipe was great... I thought I had flour and soon realized that I did not. But I substituted the flour with pancake mix and it turned out great!
Hot dang!! This is the one I been lookin fer... It hits just the right note for my Southern palate.. The thick crust is a winner, and that light hint of garlic is delicious. May add a tad of chili powder to next batch just for grins, but the original is the best I've tasted.. Thanks Audra!