(Batter Dipped Tomatoes)
- Ready In:
- 4 medium tomatoes, half ripe
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- oil, for frying
- Wash tomatoes, but do not peel.
- Cut into 3/4-inch slices.
- Place on paper towels to drain.
- Combine flour, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Dust tomatoes in flour mixture on both sides.
- Add evaporated milk to rmaining flour mixture to make a thick batter.
- Dip floured tomatoes in batter.
- Fry in hot oil 1/2-inch deep until golden brown on both sides.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more