Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a special recipe I cooked up by combining a few different recipes and my personal tastes. This soup comes out hearty and not too spicy. Better than any restaurant!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel (mild)
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (southwest seasoned, if possible)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- sour cream
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, combine the first ten ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Add chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Top servings with your choice of cheese, crumbled tortilla chips, and/or a dollop of sour cream.