Recipe by nova the beginner
The best soup you ever had, even for people who dont like soup. You can make it spicy or not so spicy. Crock pot or stove top. Very flexible! VERY GOOD!
Top Review by Chef RZ Fan
This was the best tortilla soup yet. It is just like we get in restaurants here in Texas. I put it on at 8 AM and did Christmas shopping all day. It was actually in the Crock pot on low for almost 10 hours and was still fabulous. I left out the jalapeno and just before serving added one avacado cut into chunks. I also drained and rinsed the black beans but otherwise followed exactly. DH topped his with sour cream and loved it. Thanks for this keeper !
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (11 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn (i use mexi corn)
- 1 (10 ounce) can black beans (draining is optional, i do.)
- 1 cup salsa, of your choice
- 1 -2 slice jalapeno (i use 2 nacho slices that come in a jar)
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into pieces (i use pre-cooked fajita chicken)
- 1 (12 ounce) can chicken broth
- tortilla chips
- graded cheese
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump everything into crock pot. you can drain the beans if you like. But everything else you just throw in straight from the can. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3. Cooking times vary. Put in bowls, sprinkle with cheese. Chicken broth is also optional. You can also use water. Add sour cream to individual bowls as desired for extra flavor.
- You can refridgerate leftovers. I think it taste better the next day.
- You can also cook this on the stove top.