Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Appetizer or Salad
Make and share this Texas Caviar recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (like Texas Pete)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn kernels, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 3 -4 whole roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup diced green onion
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt & pepper
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil garlic and hot sauce.
- Then fold in the avocado and the rest of the ingredients.
- Season to taste and serve with Tortilla chips as an appetizer or you can serve also as a salad in lettuce lined bowls.
I have made this for many parties and it is always gone in 10 minutes. My office begs me to bring this to gatherings. I know I am rating my own recipe but y''all have to try it - it is yum yum yummy!
Wow........this is good stuff!!!! I couln't wait for the flavors to meld, and tried some a soon as I made it. I followed Betty's suggestion and used 1/2 lime juice for the vinegar. Also used 1/2 chili oil for the olive oil (omiting the hot sauce)and since I didn't have any white corn, used 1/2 can of yellow corn. Thanks Babs for posting this wonderful recipe, I could make a meal just out of this!
Yep...this lasted about 10 min. and my friends fought over the last of it. Some don't like food really hot, so I reduced the hot sauce to 1 tsp. I chose this recipe last-minute, and I didn't have an avocado, but next time I'll add it. (My neighbor brought this to a party recently, but hers was bland by comparison) Really good stuff!