Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
this recipe gives pork a little different twist. keep and eye on the roast as I often over cook my meat to make sure that it is fully cooked. (Nurse)
- 1 pork roast, fat removed
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- 1⁄2-1 green pepper
- 1⁄2-1 red pepper
- 1⁄2-1 yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- Tex-Mex seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup flour, approximately
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- cut pork roast in half unless you have the kind that is two peices wrapped with string.
- place two peices of harvarti cheese on the flat side of each half.
- cut all the peppers into slices lengthwise.
- then make layer of mushrooms, red pepper, green pepper, and yellow pepper followed by the layer of thinly sliced onion.
- add some salt and pepper to taste.
- place the other half of the roast with the cheese side in on top of the layer of onion.
- use string to secure the layers of roast together and all the veggies inside.
- place roast in roasting pan and add water
- sprinkle the water and roast with tex-mex seasoning.
- cook for half the time and then turn over and sprinkle the other side with tex-mex seasoning as well.
- some of the veggies will slide out from inside the roast.
- once the roast is done remove and add flour mixture and make a sauce out of the leftover juices with veggies and serve over the slices of roast.