Princess Pea's Note:
These taste wonderful and are DH approved. You are going to love this! I use chicken andouille sausage in this recipe, but chorizo sausage or spicy Italian would work as well.! It is very easy to put together, too. This is not overly spicy as written. You can increase the heat by using more jalapeno, hot salsa and spicy sausage. This recipe is adapted from one published in Woman's Day magazine. I used purchased salsa "medium", and homemade guacamole, Wholly Guacamole. YUMMO!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 links andouille chicken sausage, removed from casings and cut into small chunks (such as Amy's brand)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaf
- 2 large scallions, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced canned jalapeno peppers
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1Put sausage chunks, cilantro, scallons, jalapeno, garlic, cumin and salt into bowl of a food processor.
- 2Pulse until very finely chopped and blended.
- 3Scrape into a large bowl;.
- 4Add beef and gently mix to combine.
- 5Shape into 6 oval burgers, about 5 inches long and 3/4 inches thick.
- 6Heat outdoor grill.
- 7Stack tortillas and wrap in foil.
- 8Put tortillas on grill to warm while burgers cook.
- 9Coat burgers with nonstick spray.
- 10Grill burgers turning once for 8-12 minutes, until internal temperature of 160 degrees is reached.
- 11Top burgers with cheese.
- 12Cover grill until cheese melts, about 30-45 seconds.
- 13Unwrap tortillas.
- 14Place a lettuce leaf toward one end of each tortilla, lining up edges.
- 15Top with a burger.
- 16Spoon on 2 T. guacamole.
- 17Then spoon on 2 T. salsa.
- 18Fold opposite end of tortilla up and over burger and toppings, then fold in sides.
- 20Sit back and collect the compliments.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tex-Mex Burger Wrap
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.7
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 1355.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 35.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
andouille chicken sausage