Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love Mexican cuisine, both making it and eating it! I've never met a quesadilla I didn't like! You can do many things with this recipe. You could use the ground beef and chorizo. Ground pork and the ground beef, pepper jack in place of the cheddar and jack. There are oodles and oodles of things to try. I have tried this using flour tortillas and corn tortillas. You decide, they're great with either one.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 4 tortillas
- Sauté the ground beef. Part way through, add the bell pepper and onion and continue cooking until the vegetables are crisp-tender Add the salt and pepper. Drain the grease and add the cumin, chili powder, and paprika.
- Spoon the ground beef mixture onto half of a tortilla(s). Sprinkle with Monterey jack and cheddar. Fold the tortilla over. Brush both sides with oil.
- Cook in a heavy frying pan over medium hot heat. Turn after several minutes. Continue cooking just until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.