Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Light up the grill and go for it...tender, juicy and flavorful. Perfect for fajitas or on it's own with some potato salad and grilled corn on the cobb.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) flank steaks
- 4 canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (about 1/2 of a bunch)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients for marinade.
- Marinate flank steak in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove steak from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Grill or broil to desired degree of doneness.
- Meanwhile, as steak is grilling, bring marinade to a boil and boil until slightly reduced and thickened.
- Serve sauce over thinly sliced steak.
This was really good. It has a spicey, smokey, BBQ taste.
This had wonderful flavor! We served this as fajitas, and had refried beans on the side - added some of the marinade to the beans as well as the onions and peppers while cooking them. Great flavor with the right amount of spice!