- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk or 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups oats
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, salt and cocoa in a large sauce pan.
- Add butter and milk, bring to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter stir until melted.
- Add vanilla oats and coconut. Mix well then drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Let cool.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge.