Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
South Beach Diet Phase 2
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (I use sourdough breadcrumbs, but you could also use whole grain)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup (If using ketchup, make sure it's SB friendly) or 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce (If using ketchup, make sure it's SB friendly)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (Light soy sauce can be subbed.)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split (Again, I use sourdough, but you could also use wholegrain buns or bread)
- Heat grill. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except buns; mix well. Shape mixture into 4 patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- When ready to grill, lightly oil grill rack. Place patties on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until patties are no longer pink in center, turning once.
- Meanwhile, place buns, cut side down, on grill. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Place patties in buns.