Recipe by blucoat
This is a quick, easy and yummy recipe that is like a gourmet version of chicken schnitzel. From the cookbook, "Gatherings: Creative Kosher Cooking from Our Families to Yours" (Netivot HaTorah). Tips: To crush chips and still maintain texture, put them into a sealable plastic bag and use a rolling pin for crushing. For a finer texture, crush chips in a food processor.
Top Review by Anastacey
Wow this recipe is awesome. The colors of the terra chips look beautiful coating the chicken. I was out of the lemon pepper seasoning so I left that out but it was still very good and simple to make. Since I do not keep kosher I actually melted some parmesan cheese on top as well, it was a nice addition.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon & herb seasoning
- 1 (170 g) bag terra chips, crushed or 1 (170 g) bagother vegetable chips
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken breasts in mixture. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat egg, mustard, lemon juice and lemon and herb spice together. Set aside.
- Place crushed chips in a large bowl. Dip chicken first in egg mixture, then in crushed Terra chips. Place chicken breasts in roasting pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt margarine. Drizzle on top of chicken. Place roasting pan, uncovered, in oven. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.