Recipe by Bone Man
This is a fast and easy way to use your grill to make a tasty all-in-one seafood dish. I rarely plan ahead to make this -- more often, I end up making it when I run across sea scallops on sale at the grocery store. Prep time includes marinating time. You can also make this over the campfire coals when you're camping. Enjoy!
- 8 large sea scallops
- 1 small zucchini, 1/2-inch slices, unpeeled
- 1 small yellow squash, 1/2-inch slices, unpeeled
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate scallops and zucchini and squash slices together in the teriyaki sauce for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Get a gas or charcoal grill very hot and set a wok on it. (In the case of charcoal, which I prefer, set the wok directly on the hot coals). When the wok gets hot, pour in the peanut oil and 30 seconds later, pour in the DRAINED scallops, squash and zucchini.
- Occasionally turn the scallops and squash/zucchini with a large spoon or spatula. If the wok is good and hot, the dish should be cooked adequately within 8 minutes or less.