Teriyaki Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Combine the scallops and the teriyaki sauce in a shallow bowl and marinate for about 15 minutes minimum, I usually go all the way to 1 hour if I use whole scallops.
- While the scallops are marinating, line up half of the water chestnuts on a plate or on your cutting board. Optional, place a slice of the pickled ginger on each one, then top with another slice of water chestnut. Place a marinated scallop on top of the water chestnut tower. If using whole sea scallops, you will be placing the sliced water chestnut on the side of the scallop.
- Spread the bacon slices out on a cutting board, as many as you have room for. Place a water chestnut-scallop tower on the end of a bacon slice, then roll the bacon around the tower – you should have 2 bacon sides and 2 exposed water chestnut scallop sides. Put a toothpick through the tower to hold the bacon in place.
- If using whole scallops you will actually roll the bacon around the scallop, just as you wrap bacon around a Fillet Mignon, placing the water chestnut between the bacon and the scallop, using the toothpicks to hold the wrapped bacon slice, and chestnut.
- Arrange the bacon-wrapped scallops on a broiler pan or a rack on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven for 15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- The key ingredient to getting this recipes unique flavor is using Apple Wood Smoked, Peppered, thick slice bacon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!