Breaded Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
photo by Chef PotPie
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 21 sea scallops
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 7 slices bacon, strips cut into thirds
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Grease a pie dish and set aside.
- In a pie dish combine first 5 ingredients (flour - garlic powder).
- In a seperate pie dish or bowl mix egg and milk together.
- In a third pie dish place bread crumbs.
- If set up assembly line fashion - this makes a really easy process to get the scallops ready - I use disposable pie tins for this (that come with frozen prepared pie crusts).
- Roll scallops in flour mixture and then dip in milk/egg mixture and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- Wrap each scallops with bacon, securing with toothpick and then transfer to prepared greased pie dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm (see description above for my mother's method) with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have made this so many times. But we just wrapped them in bacon and put them on the grill. This was awesome! Great flavor and the extra work was so worth it! The only thing is I would bake it for 30 minuets so the bacon gets cooked better. This was our Christmas Eve dinner and my husband said it is a "Do over"!!! Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>