Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Oh, yum! This is just too easy. I got this recipe out of The Everyday Low-Carb Slow-Cooker Cookbook.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 cup bottled teriyaki marinade
- Place chicken in large zip-top plastic bag, add the marinade and refrigerate for 24 hours (flip the chicken at about 12 hours to ensure the marinade reaches all the meat.
- After marinating, remove chicken from bag and allow the excess marinade to drip off (there will be quite a bit of excess to discard).
- Place chicken in slow-cooker breast-side down.
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours; check for doneness using an instant read thermometer (it should register 170°F).