Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I came up with recipe when Mark wanted sauced chicken that wasn't "barbecue." Teriyaki sauce combined with crushed pineapple seemed to make a perfect pair, especially on chicken thighs.
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on (2 per person)
- garlic powder
- 1 (3 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple juice
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse and dry the chicken, then season and place into a roasting pan with a rack in the bottom.
- Pour pineapple juice in the roaster and cover tightly with foil.
- Place roaster in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Chop the parsley.
- In a small sauce pan, stir all of the sauce ingredients together over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and stir, letting the sauce boil for maybe five minutes stirring frequently. Turn the heat down to low and let simmer until slightly thick.
- Check chicken for doneness with a meat thermometer.
- Turn your broiler on "high" and let the chicken skin get slightly crispy. Once browned, remove the roaster but leave the broiler on.
- Brush sauce generously on the chicken. Return pan to oven.
- Broil glazed chicken until the sauce appears sticky ad is slightly bubbly.
- Remove the roaster from the oven. Serve with desired sides.